Don’t Feel Sexy Since Having Kids?
Don’t feel sexy since having kids? You are not alone! Watch this video below to learn about this very common problem.
- The best thing that you can do is to make sure that you are being healthy. It is hard to feel beautiful if you know you are not taking care of your body. Eating the proper foods and getting exercise can increase your mood. From the words of Elle Woods from Legally Blonde, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don’t kill their husbands. They just don’t.” Although we laugh at this classic line, she is right! You do get endorphins from exercising and they do make you happy! You will feel so much better if you’re taking care of your body.
- When I am feeling sad about myself I dress up. I am very much a “comfort” gal where I am usually in basketball shorts, sweats, and my hair is in a messy bun. Although I love feeling comfortable there are times that I feel ugly and frumpy. The simple fix, just get ready! I just get ready for the day and I feel so much better and I feel like I am much more put together. You know though, there are sometimes that I try really hard to make myself feel beautiful and I am still not happy. I often think of Mia Thermopolis from Princess Diaries when she looks in the mirror and she says, “well, this is as good as it’s going to get.” That is how I feel sometimes.
- There are a lot of negative connotations associated with selfies. I didn’t take them for a really long time, heck I didn’t even want to be in pictures. I just always felt like I was ugly and I felt like I couldn’t take very good photos. However, I learned that taking pictures every time I feel good about myself is such a great way for me to feel beautiful. Sometimes when I am not feeling great I flip through those old photos and I realize that maybe I am not all that bad looking.
Talk to your Spouse:
- Make sure you talk to your spouse about what you are feeling. They can make sure that they are reassuring you that you are beautiful. They will remind you about how perfect and wonderful you are!
- Your body is different after giving birth and even if you lose the weight it won’t look quite the same. You shouldn’t expect your new body to look the same in your old clothes. I kept on feeling really bad about myself because my jeans didn’t fit the same even after I lost a lot of weight. I cried because I didn’t feel pretty and I had nothing that fit. The only clothes I could fit into with my new wide hips were maternity clothes and that does not make a postpartum woman feel good about herself. It is time for you to go out and get some clothes that make you feel beautiful and look confident. After giving birth to my daughter I was feeling really down about myself and then I got Cadenshae leggings and I finally felt like me again. It is a great feeling to feel confident and comfortable in your new body.
Don’t feel sexy since having kids? You are not alone! Contact Us