Are You Love Addicted?
Are You Love Addicted? Love addiction is a can be a real problem. It can create irrational behavior and become dangerous. Even when one finds themselves in a mentally or physically abusive relationship, they often will not leave. They feel that they have to have their emotional needs met even if it means putting themselves in negative relationships and in some cases in danger.
There are several questions you can ask yourself to be sure you are not one of the many who suffer from love addiction.
- Has my partner hurt me mentally or physically?
- Do I make excuses for or rationalize abusive behavior?
- Do I choose abusive or distant partners?
- Is there compromise in the relationship or am I always giving.
- How do I feel about letting go and moving on from this relationship?
Be honest when answering these questions. It could save your life. Seek help from a counselor or therapist if you feel you are suffering from Love addiction.
Definition of addicted
: having an addiction: